Primary Swimming Gala
Date(s) - 01/02/2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
iCal - Add to My Calendar
Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
Year 3&4 and Y5&6
• 1 x 25m breaststroke (boys and girls race)
• 1 x 25m backstroke (boys and girls race)
• 1 x 25m freestyle (boys and girls race)
Year 3&4 only
• 4 x 25m freestyle mixed relay (2 girls and 2 boys)
Year 5&6 only
• 4 x 25m freestyle relay (boys and girls race)
• 4 x 25m mixed stroke relay (boys and girls race)
Competition – Mixed Ability – No Tier
- A Team consists of a minimum of 14 pupils and a maximum of 24 pupils.
- Minimum team requirements:
- Year 3&4 – 3 x girls + 3 x boys
- Year 5&6 4 x girls + 4 x boys
- All races start in the water, starting at the shallow end and finishing at the deep end
- Every swimmer must be able to swim 25m confidently and tread water for at least 30 seconds in deep water.
- Each swimmer can only participate in 1 individual event and 2 team events each
- Each school will be awarded points for each event depending on their individual time
- The freestyle team events can be swam in any order and start and finish at the deep end.
- The freestyle events can be swam any stroke.
- The mixed stroke team events must be swam backstroke, breaststroke, freestyle, freestyleand start and finish at the deep end.
Full rules can be found below
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAY:
- Swimming costume / trunks
- Light refreshing
Winning School qualifies for the School Games Finals on 29th March 2019.
- Ox Close Primary
- Byerley Park
- West Cornforth Primary School
- Sedgefield Primary
- King Street Primary
- Coxhoe Primary
- Sedgefield Hardwick
- St John's C of E Primary
- St Marys Primary Newton Aycliffe
This event is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to book your place on the waiting list.