Y5/6 Basketball Final
Date(s) - 06/02/2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
iCal - Add to My Calendar
Newton Aycliffe Leisure Centre
Qualifying schools from the basketball festivals will play off for a place in the School Games final.
Competition – Mixed Ability – No Tier
- King Street
- Kirk Merrington
- Sugar Hill
- Stephenson Way
- Sedgefield Primary
- St Michael’s
- North Park
- Teams will consist of 4 players on court (squads of 8 max)
- 4×4 small sided games
- Half court basketball, only one basket
- Basket scored inside the D = 2 points, outside the D = 3 points
- No part of the body can cross the court while in play, free throw will be awarded if so.
The ball must be dribbled at all times when moving, using one hand only.
- If stopped with the ball, they must either pass or shoot. Continuing to dribble the ball will result in a double dribble fault
- If a team takes a shot and possession is changed, the team must exit the D before they can shoot.
- In the result of a tied game – a sudden death shoot out will be held to determine the winner
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAY:
- Children to bring suitable clothing/ footwear for indoor courts
- Light refreshments
- Any medication require
- Set of bibs
Winner from the Final will qualify for the Summer School Games on Friday 5th July 2019